Updated: Jun 6
It is essential that the cylinder has been tested to SS312 Diamond Approved or TS007 3 star kitemark standard against Picking, Drilling, Bumping and Snapping. Alternatively, you can have a minimum of 1-star cylinder with 2 star PAS24 handles fitted.
Euro cylinder locks are the most common type of locks on uPVC and composite doors, but some of them are vulnerable to various types of attacks, such as:
• Lock snapping: breaking the lock cylinder in half and exposing the internal mechanism
• Lock bumping: using a specially cut key to bump the pins inside the lock and align them with the shear line
• Lock picking: using tools to manipulate the pins or sliders inside the lock and open it without a key
• Lock drilling: using a drill bit to destroy the lock cylinder and open the door
• Lock manipulation: using tools or magnets to bypass the security features of the lock and open it
These attacks can compromise your security, privacy and insurance claims. Therefore, you should upgrade your euro cylinder locks to British Standard TS 007 3 Star Locks. These locks are:
• Accredited with the British Kitemark, TS007 3 Star, Secured By Design and Sold Secure Diamond standards, which means they have been rigorously tested to withstand all known methods of attack
• Equipped with features such as anti-snap, anti-bump, anti-pick, anti-drill and anti-manipulation mechanisms that make them virtually impossible to open without a key
If your lock has a British kite mark, this doesn’t automatically mean you are protected against lock snapping. The only way to know if your lock is anti-snap is to look for the anti-snap lines. If you are still unsure, it’s always best to ask a professional locksmith for assistance.
However, upgrading your euro cylinder locks to British Standard TS007 3 Star Locks is not as simple as buying any lock and installing it on your door. You need to:
• Select the correct lock size and measurement for your door
• Have the necessary tools and skills to fit it properly
• Choose a reputable brand such as my personal choice, ASEC
That’s why you need a professional service that can help you with this process. I can provide you with:
• A reliable and affordable service that can help you upgrade your euro cylinder locks to British Standard TS007 3 Star Locks
• Experience and expertise to select the right lock for your door and install it correctly and safely
• A free quote and consultation
If you are interested in upgrading your euro cylinder locks to British Standard TS007 3 Star Locks, please contact me today. I will be happy to answer any questions you may have and provide you with a high-quality service that will enhance your security and peace of mind.